I got my dog, Brook Trout, four months ago and my life has not been the same since. Over the past four months I’ve learned what it means to be solely responsible for another life. In your early twenties you have a lot going on between class, work, relationships, and trying to figure out what to do with your life. It might not seem like the best time to get a dog, but if you’re ready to take on the challenge it will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. I’ve put together a list of 10 reasons every man in his early twenties should get a dog, as long as he is up for the challenge.
10 Reasons Every Man In His Early Twenties Should Own A Dog…
- It will help you learn how to balance your responsibilities. When you’re in your early twenties you want to just lean your head out the window and enjoy the scenery, but you have to buckle down and get ready for the rest of your life.
- It will help keep you active. No matter how busy you are you have to find time to get out and exercise with your dog, whether it is a short walk around the neighborhood or a long afternoon hike, your dog will get you outside.
- You will always have a companion that will love you unconditionally no matter what. After you graduate you will have friends come and go, but your dog will always be there when you need a best friend.
- You always have a drinking buddy. Whether it’s a beer when you get home from work or a beer on the river, your dog will always be there to keep you company while you enjoy a silver bullet. 5. There will always be an extra set of eyes on your cooler; more importantly the contents of your cooler. 6. You’ll always have a fishing buddy. When you’re itching to go fishing, but none of your friends are your dog will be more than ready to hit the river with you!
7. It will give you a different view of the world. As long as your dog has enough food, enough water, a place to sleep at night, and someone to love they are happy and healthy. This is perhaps the most important lesson you can learn from having a dog. 8. You’ll always have a reason to laugh. No matter how stressed out you are your dog will always be there doing goofy things to put a smile on your face. 9. Your dog will always be looking out for you. Whether it is a stranger approaching you or a bear approaching you, your dog will always alert you when things aren’t quite right. 10. GIRLS. I have yet to meet a girl that can resist a cute puppy. I am always approached by girls when I take Brook out for a walk in busy places, specifically around campus. My single guy friends are always asking me if they can take Brook for a walk, they play it off like they’re trying to help me out, but we all know they’re just using Brook to pick up girls.
If you would like to see more pictures of Brook Trout you can check her out on my Instagram @Jared_Denni! Thank you! – Jared Denniston
#1 Ringbahn Party! (circle train party)
Well, the berlin public transportation system is one of the best in the whole world. Beside constant availability, there are several activities where you can celebrate being in berlin. The Ringbahn (circular railway) goes around the city center. Sometimes my friends and I grab a beer crate, take a seat and running circles until the crate is empty. Its fun watching and meeting new people. There is one important thing you have to decide: clockwise or anticlockwise?
#2 It´s Dön´o´clock!
Berlin is well known for his big party scene. The most of the parties in the clubs are starting around 1pm-2pm and party last for a couple of days. Maybe you can imagine that your stomach calls for food after a couple hours of dance. No Problem. It’s Dön´o´clock! Döner (aka Kebab) is the most famous fast food in Germany. You can get the German/Turkish deliciousness 24/7 and sometimes it’s a Lifesaver after hours of excessive partying. The best part of it is. It’s Damn cheap! For only 3€, you get a proper meal. Every time is a good time for a Döner.
#3 Loot the “Späti”!!!
“Späti? WTF is a Späti?” – Good Questions. A “Späti” is a shortcut for “Spätkauf”. Still uncertain? Spätkauf means as much as “Late Night Shop”. Berlin has a dense network of these little stores where you nearly get everything! Yes, everything. From Toothbrush over Crackers and Condoms to the most important thing. Beer. These stores are open 24/7 and mostly operated by Turkish or Arabic people. So don’t be scared. If you ever running out of – anything. Be sure there is a Späti in your near area. Just in case: The Spätifinder (link) shows you sorted by district all the Spätis in Berlin.
People meet at the Spätis for pregaming or to get a frozen pizza.
#4 Grab your “Wegbier”!
Weg@#+?!WHAT?! – “Wegbier”. That’s the synonym for Walking around with a beer in your hand. Weg = Way + Bier=beer = Wegbier. Now that you now the Spätis I can be sure that you never running out of beer. In contrast to the most states of the U.S., in Berlin it’s allowed (and strictly asked for) to consume alcohol on/in public places. So don’t be confused when you meet some guys walking around with a beer. At 9 o clock (am). While you are on your way to get a proper breakfast.
#5 HuckleBerlin Finn
Now that I have talked that much about the most important cultural things in berlin, it’s not all about Party and Alcohol. If you have the chance to visit Berlin in Summer. Take an offtime from partying and rent yourself a raft to explore the Spree (River in Berlin). A Boot fits up to 8 People. You can do a BBQ, Lay in the Sun, and listen to your own Music while you’re floating around the city. Make sure you don’t forget your Beer.
Bonus #6 Like my ish. If you like my post, feel free to leave a comment and/or like it! In case you want more tips about Berlin contact me at: