Are you a Hipster?
Take this short questionnaire:
- Do you wish your dad or mom saved their clothes from the 60s/70s so you could wear them?
- Do you only listen to obscure bands and artists on vinyl?
- Do you visit a coffee shop more than three times a day?
- Do you wear the same brand of shoes you wore in 1996?
- Do you have any facial hair?
- Do you not shave your legs, but kind of wish you did?
- Do you wear a beanie?
- Have you eaten cauliflower or toast in the past 24 hours?
- Do you alternate ordering beer, cider and kombucha?
- Does your 4-year-old have a half-shaved, half long-hair hair style?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, proceed.
The Art of the Aging Hipster
Too hip? Or too hip to care?
Vans on. Vans off.
Where to shop.
- Keep it local.
- Bring your dog.
- Drink a smoothie at the same time.
- Where your sunglasses inside.
- Reintroduce yourself to people you’ve met several times before.
- Shop only at stores containing a woman’s name
- Talk about how you only thrift these days.
Are you woke? (quiz forthcoming)
Always look behind you. Always hold the door open for everyone even if you have to stand there for a very long time. And always remember:
As part of your email signature add any/all of the following:
When in doubt, use the words you said when you were in 7th grade. If they aren’t in the vernacular at this moment, they might be next week.
Spot the difference!
Have a suggestion for a question, photo or want to nominate a Hipster of the Year? I’d love to hear from you.