10 Reasons Every Woman from a Mountain Town Needs a Dog
10. They are a daily reminder to practice your Downward Dog.
9. A bed full of dogs is warmer and better insulated than your 0-degree, down sleeping bag.
8. They are a great buddy to enjoy the views with.
And they won’t complain that you are hiking too fast or their feet are cold.
7. You will never need to carry a bottle opener to a bonfire again.
6. They are a better judge of character than you.
Living in a mountain town, we know there is a high ratio of dirtbag males. You need a little extra help selecting a mate. Let your dog help you.
5. Their unfettered joy bounding around in the snow is contagious.
4. Ditto for their love of playing in the leaves.
Dogs will help you enjoy every season, the more we think about it.
3. Dogs, trucks, and mountains belong together.
They form a perfect trinity with you in the middle.
2. They can smell the funk in your hiking boots before you do.
Hint: when the dog is really interested in your hiking boots, it is a sure sign that your entire apartment smells like a foot.
Living in a mountain town, there are a lot of great dogs in need of a home. Here is a list of some of our favorite shelters where you can find your canine adventure buddy!
Bozeman, MT: Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter
Jackson, WY: Paws of Jackson Hole
Glenwood Springs, CO Colorado Animal Rescue
Portland, OR Oregon Dog Rescue
Kanab, UT Best Friends Animal Society