By: Wyatt Duthie
10 Life lessons Friends taught us
- How to Make a Proper Entrance: Whether you are moving into a new place, entering a big party, or returning home to your parents’ house you should always make a memorable entrance. Maybe not as extravagant as riding a greyhound sculpture into an apartment, but maybe a beagle or something.
- Dress to Impress Your Guests: It can be a friendly get together or a big family holiday dinner whatever it is you should bring you’re A apparel game! Remember accessories are key especially ones that accentuate the giant turkey on your head.
- Don’t Let Your Haters Get You Down: When someone is down on you for any reason or you are down on yourself because of someone else you just need to do this motion and forgetaboutit! Go see your Friends at the coffee shop and get the downers off your mind.
- Knowing a Foreign Language is an Impressive Skill: Many employers in this age seek a candidate who knows at least a second language. So get a great language tutor like Pheobe and kill that audition.
- A Great Football Strategy: For all you athletes out there, you have teammates out there with you so use them to your advantage against a strong opponent. And if that doesn’t work just flash them. This is usually only acceptable in an informal game with Friends, not so much in official competitions.
- Know your competition: If you are playing against someone use your knowledge of them to your advantage. If they have a tendency to overlook certain details, then win around those details, at least it will end up reminding them of something important such as dry cleaning.
- Get some of that ever important self-confidence: If you are a bigger or smaller than most, then own that look and be happy with who you are. Joey is an actor and he knows what is worth is, why shouldn’t you?
- Once you get that self-confidence you are going to attract a lot dates: And you are going to need to develop some new “moves” when things progress back to your place. Being obvious and straight forward about your excitement has to be the most attractive way to initiate things. Even if it is with one of your Friends that is part of a prank to get you to admit you are secretly dating someone else in the friend group.
- The proper fake surprised reaction: You love surprises but you hate the anticipation of finding them out, so you do some professional spying and figure out the secret. But now when it is intentionally revealed to you it would be wrong to let them know that you found out. So when you find out the secret, like that two Friends are now dating, this reaction will certainly sell that you are still oblivious to the fact.
- The way to make your significant other feel loved: When you finally find the “One” the best way to explain your love is the famous lobster theory. They will know that you two will be together into old age holding claws *cough* hands. They will forever be your lobster.One final thought: Just remember who they were. So no matter what you think of someone and their past you shouldn’t write them off, because they could become one of your best Friends or more.
Sam Johnson is a senior in the School of Business at the University of Montana. Graduating in December 2015 with a double major in Marketing and International Business and a minor in Russian Studies.
What Would Your MacGyver Escape Look Like?
Thank you for taking the MacGyver Escape Challenge!
Think you know another way MacGyver might have escaped with the items you picked?
Feel free to mention which items you picked in the comments section and add your own escape solution of how you think Mac would have done it!