You have probably heard this many times: NUTRITION=BEAUTY. It’s a truth we can’t deny, what you eat impacts everything from your fat content, your skin, your energy level, and everything in between. For my first post I thought I would write about coconut oil, which is on my “5 items I would take if I was stranded on a desert island” list. This is because coconut oil has unlimited benefits for beauty and nutrition. After using it for 5 years I will vouch for it’s many benefits actually working! My personal favorite use for it is as a skin moisturizer, because it helps unclog my pores and get rid of acne. I use it on my face, legs, back, wherever I need. Also I put it in my hair 2-3 times a week. I use to be bleach blonde and that has created a lot of dead ends, the coconut oil replenishes my hair from roots to ends. Don’t worry it doesn’t make your hair greasy at all! I also have incorporated coconut oil into my everyday cooking, usually with eggs in the morning, or maybe a tad bit in a smoothie. Anyways while I could go on and on and on about how much I LOVE coconut oil I will just go ahead and list some of the nutritional and beauty benefits it provides.
- It contains anti-fungal properties which is why when used on your skin it helps with acne (I try to use it every night.)
- Moisturizes skin and can even be used to treat eczema and psoriasis
- Deep moisturizer for hair, restores split ends, helps manage frizz, and some swear it can help your hair grow faster (I will put melted coconut oil in my hair and put a little on the roots and soak the ends. I try to leave it on at least 20minutes then wash my hair normally. For very dry hair try putting a pea size amount on your fingertips then rubbing it through your ends after you shower but before you blow dry or straighten/curl.)
- Create the BEST body scrub with only 2 ingredients; coconut oil and Epson salt (I use lavender Epson salt for a good smell, or add 2 drops of vanilla extract.)
- Use for oil pulling. Take 1 Tbs. of coconut oil and put it in your mouth then swish around for 20minutes and finally spit. Not only does this kill the bad bacteria in your mouth and whiten your teeth, it’s also been proven to help with sensitive teeth, joint pain and arthritis, heart conditions, and diabetes.
Nutrition: When worked into your daily diet
- Helps brain health and said to help prevent Alzheimer
- Can naturally balance your hormones (every girls dream!)
- Increases your bodies fat burning capability by helping break down fat into energy, which supports weight loss
- Natural blood sugar stabilizer, encouraged for people with diabetes to use for help with diabetes management
- Manages your bodies natural yeast correctly, and can treat Candida infections
- Natural detox for your liver
I try to buy extra virgin coconut oil from my local Good Food Store, or you can purchase it off Amazon. I have not tried Walmart’s or any other stores yet; but coconut oil is coconut oil so I don’t believe any can be bad! I just use one jar for both my beauty and nutritional uses. I store mine in the fridge so it stays in a solid form, but you can store it in the cupboard too, which will make liquid. When I want to use it on my body I scrape off a bit with a knife, and put it in my hands. It melts very quickly by just rubbing it in your hands and then can be used on your face, hair, ect. Make sure you have clean hands. When using it in food just scoop some out into your pan, or if you want it melted put it into a container and microwave it. (It will take less than a minute to melt.)
Now that you know all the benefits of coconut oil, and I am here vouching for it, I hope you will use it! Beauty starts from the inside out, and this multi-use product is guaranteed to make a difference in your life!
3 Replies to “The Amazing Natural Benefits of Coconut Oil”
I’m so gonna make me some body scrub !!! Who knee there was lavender Epsom!!!
Thanks for the info Aerionna:)
I love this post and I totally agree- coconut oil is KING when it comes to oils. I loved how this article was written like you were writing to a friend; personalized yet succinct and to the point. Also a blonde, I definitely relate to having dry hair so I immediately wanted to read more. The simplicity of the bullet points is great for skimming down to see what benefits coconut oil can provide to the reader. For feedback’s sake, did you know all of these benefits of coconut oil or did you look them up? If you used any sources, I would make sure to include that information in your post. From there, I would include some researched statistics about coconut oils benefits from credible sources. Are there any studies that have included the use of coconut oil? Maybe beyond your scope, but just a suggestion! Thanks for sharing, I need to go buy some more coconut oil!
Comments are closed.